Looking for other places to eat and drink in Charlotte, NC? Check out Off the Eaten Path’s Charlotte Restaurants Guide!
New Year, new goals! I’m going to make 2017 a delicious year by checking things off my Charlotte food bucket list!
I started Off the Eaten Path with the idea that eating my way through my new city would help me learn about it and explore. Four years later, I’ve gone from telling all of my friends I was moving to the beach (it’s a long story and involved my lack of ability to look at a map) to putting roots down in the Queen City; my first job out of law school blossomed into a career; I’ve made some of my best, lifelong friends; I met a cute boy at one of my favorite neighborhood bars 3 years ago and we got married this past October in the Third Ward. Charlotte is home.
Even though I can navigate my way through the roads of many names without my GPS (and no longer get confused by the Queens, Queens, Providence, Providence intersection), and have my favorite restaurants, hangouts, and know other kind of home-towny things (the shortcuts during rush hour, the bartenders’ names at our favorite spots, a season pass to the Whitewater Center), I wanted to make one of my 2017 goals to continue to explore this fine city I call home. So I came up with my 2017 Charlotte Food Bucket List; a mix of restaurants (both old and new) I’ve been dying to try, experiences I’ve looked forward to, food I want to eat. Throughout the year, I’ll include posts of the Charlotte food I’ve eaten as a make this way through my list, and I hope by December I’ll be able to look back on what a delicious year 2017 was.
So in no particular order:
(some of these are just restaurant names, some are food I want to eat, and some have little personal notes)
- Navigate the parking lot and eat a #6 from Le’s Sandwiches.
- Uptown lunch in the form of a chili dog from Vic the Chili Man.
- Date night at Barrington’s
- Waffle-wich from Fud at Salud
- Bang Bang Burgers (rumor is the best burgers in the QC)
- See what the hype is about at Yafo Kitchen
- Margarita flight at Comida
- Afternoon tea at The Ballantyne Hotel
- I love all doughnuts, so I can really get behind eating Stoke’s one pound doughnut
- Tacos from a gas station taco cart on South Boulevard
- NoDa’s new gem, Haberdish
- A little curb sitting and a burger from Brooks Sandwich House
- My love for the Thirsty Beaver runs deep, so Tipsy Burro has been on my list for a while
- Pierogis at Taste of Europe with my pierogi loving husband
- Oysters! (no specifics of where, and how cooked…raw, roasted, whatevs!)
- A trip to Waxhaw and Heritage Food and Drink
- A trip South of the border and Tapas 51
- A beer or wine pairing dinner
- A picnic and summer pops concert (we did this 2 years ago and it was SO fun)
- A pint at Free Range
- And a pint at Blue Blaze
- Block and Grinder (have been wanting to go since I moved!)
- Continuing my quest for the best pizza in Charlotte at Inizio
- More pizza and fancy pizza scissors at Stagioni
- And ok, one more pizza, this time by the slice at Benny Pennello’s
- My one undiscovered spot on Elizabeth Ave, Customshop
- Lunch or dinner at Living Kitchen (maybe will balance all the pizza?)
- A day in Davidson and the Bartender’s Choice at Kindred
What did I miss? What’s on your Charlotte food bucket list?
my 2019 charlotte food bucket list | Off the Eaten Path
Monday 4th of February 2019
[…] a little delayed in my annual Charlotte Food Bucket List post (2017’s Charlotte Food Bucket List and 2018’s Charlotte Food Bucket List, respectively), but I blame it on an endless cycle of […]
delicious things i've been eating recently (#6) | off the eaten path
Monday 15th of October 2018
[…] I was pretty underwhelmed by the 1 pound doughnut (which has been a bucket list item foreverrr) but I loved all of the savory dishes coming out of the […]
delicious things I've been eating recently (#2) | off the eaten path
Saturday 2nd of June 2018
[…] One of the goals on my 2017 Charlotte Bucket List was to enjoy high tea at The Ballantyne Hotel. Check! In early December, a group of Charlotte Food Bloggers got together to kick off the holiday season with champagne, tea and little cakes and sandwiches at The Ballantyne and it was wonderful. It was my first high tea and I highly, highly recommend it! If I could, I would do tea all the time (The Ballantyne Hotel gave us a discount on the Christmas tea, but as always, all opinions are my own). […]
my 2018 charlotte food bucket list | off the eaten path
Friday 5th of January 2018
[…] for a New Year, new foods approach. My 2018 Charlotte Food bucket list compiles a whole new list (and a few roll overs from 2017 that I didn’t get to check off my list!) of foods to eat, drinks to drink, restaurants to visit, and experiences to have featuring the […]
Thursday 2nd of March 2017
Which gas station tacos off of South blvd are you referring to? I live off of South near Archdale and I'm always looking for those little authentic taco food trucks! You can't beat a good taco from a food truck!