Happy Game Day!
You betcha I’ll be cheering for the Packers today in the NFC Championship. Finger crossed Aaron Rodgers’ calf holds out for 60 minutes this afternoon and our defense shows up to play today to shut down Russell Wilson and the Seahawks (confession: I also love Russell Wilson because he’s a badger). While we often go out to watch the games (Kickstand is our standby), we’ll be watching the game at home today with some football snacks and beer.
Aunt Julie’s Pepperoni Bread is a must have at any Packer Party. When I was in college, I would go to my aunt and uncle’s every weekend to hang out and cheer on the Packers. Aunt Julie and Uncle Lynn know how to throw a Packer Party; the house gets adorned with green and gold accents (pom poms do make an appearance), game on the big screen, and plenty of snacks (cheese!), drinks and fun. No Packer Party is complete without Aunt Julie’s Pepperoni Bread; all the makings of pizza,
rolled up and baked,
and served piping hot with melty cheese and marinara sauce for dipping.
Pepperoni perfect football snack; stick it in the oven at the beginning of the first quarter, and it will be ready by halftime. Wash it down with a cold Spotted Cow and cheer on your team.
Go, pack go!
- 1 package frozen or refrigerated bread dough
- 1 package pepperoni slices
- 1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- Marinara or pizza sauce.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat egg with 1 tbsp water to create egg wash.
- Soften package of bread dough according to directions.
- Roll out bread dough into rectangle.
- Brush dough with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with any combination of spices (oregano, basil, red pepper and garlic) to taste.
- Layer pepperoni slices and mozzarella cheese (in alternating layers, I usually do 2 layers of each).
- Roll up from long end (hot dog style if you will).
- Coil in greased, glass pie plate.
- Brush again with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with additional spices, to taste.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with a side of sauce for dipping!!